Arthritis is an illness that a great many people suffer from, particularly as they get older. It can make everyday life incredibly difficult, particularly as it can make almost any joint impossible, or extremely difficult, to move. There are a variety of changes that you will be required to make to your everyday life, possibly even including the installation of a walk-in or a disabled shower, which will make your bathing experience much more comfortable and relaxing.
Whilst you’ll no doubt have been told all about arthritis by your doctor, or through your own research, here are a few surprising facts which you might not have been told about!
6 Weird Facts About Arthritis
- Dinosaurs! – For many years, it has been though the dinosaurs suffered from Arthritis. Researchers have actually discovered a degenerative condition which was highly similar to Arthritis in the fossils of dinosaurs. They claim to have found Arthritis in the jaw of one dinosaur and multiple fossils of Iguanodon’s with the condition in their jaw.
- Bee Cured? – Some studies, as yet unproven, have shown that bee venom can control the harmful inflammation in the joints. As a result, this can slow down and, possibly, even prevent the development of Arthritis. Of course, it isn’t a proven treatment yet, so you’ll have to consult your doctor before you go rushing off to attack bee’s nests.
- A Cuppa! – Drinking green, black, oolong and white have all been proven to boost your immune system, and improves you ability to fight both bacteria and infections. Some medications for Arthritis can make you more vulnerable to infections, so drinking tea can help to fight that bacteria. Any excuse for a good cup of tea, eh?
- If Only We’d Known… – Cruciferous vegetables, such as cauliflower and even broccoli have been proven to slow down the development of arthritis, due to the sulphoraphane which is typically found in the vegetables.
- Here Comes The Sun! – Where you live can actually affect your chances of being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. In fact, the further you live from the sunny equator, the higher the risk of Arthritis developing. The increased rates at higher latitudes could be related to a lack of sunlight.
- Disabled Showers And Baths – Soaking in warm water is one of the oldest and simplest forms of pain relief. Fortunately, it has been proven to reduce the swelling and ease the pain associated with Arthritis.
Disabled Showers And Walk-In Baths, From Bathtime Mobility
Arthritis is a debilitating illness that can severely have a negative effect on your daily life. However, if you manage it carefully, make a few adjustments and take advantage of the wide range of disabled showers and baths that are currently available, you will be able to reduce the agony associated with Arthritis.
For more information on the wide range of disabled showers and baths that we have available, here at Bathtime Mobility, please don’t hesitate to contact our specialised team directly on 0800 29 22 110. Alternatively, you can get in touch using our simple online contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.