Using your bathroom is an integral part of your life and inaccessibility can have a massive impact on your life especially if you’re elderly. Bathrooms, wherever possible, should provide you with easily accessible baths and showers as it can negatively impact your dignity and well being. Here at Bathtime Mobility we have put together these tips to help you remodel your bathroom with this in mind.
6 Ways To Make Your Bathroom Perfect For You
Remodelling may be necessary to make your bathroom comfortable for you or your loved ones. Rest assured that we can provide you with the experience and expertise to get it just right. In case you’d like to tackle this for yourself, here are some amazing hints and tips.
- Non slip floors – These are fantastic as many accidents can happen at any age from falling on wet floors. Adding these minimizes a great deal of risk when using a bathroom. Anti-slip features come as standard for all our accessible baths and showers too for added safety.
- Bathtub/shower – This is also a great idea for the elderly as they include many safety features taking the risk away from using the bathing area. Most include handrails, safety bars, seating and non slip floors. All our accessible bathing options are a breeze to get in and out of. This ensures that bathing becomes a relaxing, beneficial habit rather than one you dread.
- Level access shower trays – This is wonderful for those in wheelchairs as it allows you to just wheel straight in to give you problem free showering independence. A level access shower tray allows those in a wheelchair to share with others who don’t use one as it puts no restrictions in place and is very easy to install.
- Toilet lifts for the elderly – We can also provide toilet lifts for the elderly. These are sometimes known as chair height toilets. Our specialist lift chairs help to lift and lower you onto the toilet in a dignified manner and helping you to remain independent.
- Basin Remodelling – Although a basin remodelling is a fairly simple thing it can make a massive difference to daily lives. It lets you wash at a basin if you are disabled or if you can easily fit a chair in if you have wearisome legs. You can also have larger tap handles fitted for those who have or are losing dexterity in their hands – a common ailment in the elderly due to arthritis.
- Power Baths – Power baths are very good for people who have difficulty getting in and out of the bath on their own. At Bathtime mobility we provide a selection of power baths which provide you with an easily accessible tub which makes self-care a reality. Our baths with lifting seats are perfect for those with restricted mobility and allows you to just sit back and enjoy a lovely long soak.
What To Do next? Call Bathtime Mobility Now
We have provided some great options of accessible baths and showers to revitalize your bathing experience at Bathtime Mobility. With our ability to install and design incredible accessible bathrooms, bath time isn’t a chore but a pleasure once more.
To take the hassle and stress out of your life please don’t hesitate to contact us today on: 0800 29 22 110 or fill in the contact form on our website.