The variety of Walk in baths continues to increase as more and more people realise the benefits of a walk in model, instead of a traditional design. With this massively wider range, there has never been a better time to swap over to a walk in bath, particularly if you find it difficult to get in or out of your bath or shower.
It is now easier than ever to find that perfect model of walk in bath for your needs, but which still fits your bathroom’s layout and design. With that in mind, here are a few things to consider whilst looking for your ideal walk in bath!
A Buyer’s Guide To Walk In Baths!
- Size – Firstly, you need to consider the size of your bathroom – there’s no use getting a walk in bath if you choose a model which is too big to make the rest of your bathroom unusable!
You should also consider how tall you would like your walk in bath to be. A short length tub style bath will stand taller, providing a much more satisfying bathing experience, and can offer additional support when standing or sitting.
- The Bath Door – Deciding on whether you would prefer an inward-opening or an outward-opening door should be your next consideration. Whilst most people prefer an inward opening door, as it can both save space and provide added security against a locking mechanism malfunction, there are some users who prefer outward-opening bath doors.
- The Material – Walk in baths are, typically, made from either Acrylonitrilt Butadiene Styrene (ABS) or Glass-Reinforced Plastic (GRP). GRP is usually considered to be the stronger alternative, and it helps the bath to maintain its original sheen for an extended period of time.
- Safety and Security! – You need to ensure that the walk in bath that you decide upon has an effective water temperature control facility. As you will need to sit in the bath prior to filling with water, ensuring that you have complete control of the water temperature is essential as a means of avoiding injury.
- Accessories! – Be sure to consider whether you will need any additional accessories in order to make your bathing experience as enjoyable and safe as possible. You may need non-slip stickers if your walk in bath is not pre-treated with a non-slip surface, or wall-mounted handles to move yourself into the sitting or standing positions.
Picking Out The Perfect Walk In Bath For You!
Here at Bathtime Mobility, we are proud of the incredible range of easily-accessible showers and baths that we offer. We are dedicated to making your bathing experience as safe and enjoyable as possible, and we strongly believe that walk in baths and showers work to increase an independent lifestyle and dramatically reduce the risk of injury from bathroom related incidents.
For more information, or to start browsing our incredible range of walk in baths today, visit Bathtime Mobility. If you would like to get a hands-on experience with some examples of our walk in bathtubs then please visit our showroom in Henley-on-Thames. You can also contact us at 0800 29 22 110 or complete our easy to use online contact form, and we will do our best to help you!